| Your new grill can be a source of healthy eating, or a source for a heart attack! It all depends on how you cook and what you cook. Here are a few general grilling tips: |
- Cooking times will be different depending on which type of grill you have. If your grill comes with a cookbook or a chart, use it!
- Precook food such as ribs, thick cut meats and whole turkeys, indoors.
- Defrost frozen foods for as long as possible before throwing them on the grill.
- Take away excess fat from meats--and from your waistline--before cooking to minimize flares.
- During the last several minutes of grilling brush on the meat barbecue sauces or glazes.
- If you meat gets burned, try cutting away the burned portion.
- If your meat is all burned, give it to the dog.
- Make sure you clean the grill after you use it. If you are lazy and you don't want to cleanit after each use, make sure you clean it every couple of weeks.