Ah, the charcoal is on the grill and your mouth is watering at the smell.
What more could you ask for on a summer day than to be grilling outside? Here's a few recipes
to get you started...
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seeded bun...
There is nothing better than a good cheeseburger cooked on the grill... get it just
right with crisp lettuce and fresh tomatoes and you've got one happy camper.
All though you may be tempted to buy frozen patties, we recommend that you buy fresh ground beef, or "chopped meat",
and do your own damn patties! Make sure you season the meat… don't just add salt & pepper. You can add Worcestershire
sauce (first try saying the name and then find out what it is), chopped onions, and dried oregano.
- Pound the meat into balls about the size of baseballs.
- Press them into little flat cakes about ½ inch to ¼ inch thick.
- Place them on medium-hot grill.
- Cook for about 5-7 min for each side.
- Turn them over if one side is getting burned.
- Don't press down on the patties while cooking. It will cause flare-ups and dry the meat.
- Add cheese during the last minute, and don't turn them over again!
- Be sure you cook them until there's no bright, red meat left.
- And don't forget the buns! You can heat them on the grill during the last few minutes that your meat is cooking. Just don't burn them
My Hot Dog Has A First Name...